Many thanks to the Bayside Historical Society for providing us with the Rickert-Finlay land restrictions document for the Bellcourt development. These are notably simpler than the Rickert-Finlay Covenant of 1906 that covers the Broadway-Flushing development.
BELLCOURT LAND RESTRICTIONS
1. That no house costing less than $3000 shall be erected on on any portion of the land conveyed.
2. That no house shall be erected upon a plot of land less than 37 ½ feet wide front and rear by 100 feet deep.
3. That no part of any house erected upon premises shall stand within 20 feet from the line of the street upon which the premises front.
4. That no stable erected upon the premises shall stand back within 60 feet of the front line of said lots.
5. That no stable or other out building shall be erected on corner lots.
6. That no building of any character having what is known as a flat roof shall be erected on the said premises.
7. That no fence shall be erected upon the said premises within 25 feet of the street line of any lot.
8. That no malt or fermented liquors or intoxicating liquors shall be sold upon any portion of the above premises.
9. That no obnoxious trade shall be carried on or any nuisance of any kind permitted or retained thereon.
Courtesy Bayside Historical Society
Copyright © 2018-2023 Bellcourt Civic Association Incorporated - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy